Walnut Grove Baptist Church is a small country church located in a beautiful rural setting on the outskirts of Rochester, NH. The church was founded in 1864 and has faithfully declared the message of new life in Jesus Christ. Our Sunday Morning Worship service includes a blend of worship and praise choruses along with the great hymns of the faith. We also spend time in intercessory prayer for the needs of our people. The major focus of the service is the relevant and practical teaching of the Bible. We currently average about 50 people at our services. Our small group meetings throughout the week are designed to provide a more intimate setting for fellowship and spirtual growth. Our church also places a major emphasis on supporting the work of our missionaries who are laboring for the kingdom of God in the United States and around the world. Our motto is "A Country Church with a World Vision". The core values of our church are: Love God...Love People...Make Disciples. We are an intergenerational church where whole families worship together for the entire worship service. If you are looking for a small church that teaches the Word of God, why not visit us? Our Worship Services are at 8:30 and 10:15 AM every Sunday (except for occasional times when we combine for one service at 9:30 AM - see "UPCOMING EVENTS" below).
Our Sunday Morning Worship Services : We have begun a sermon series in the gospel of Mark
We have small groups meeting for study, prayer and fellowship throughout the week:
* Ladies Prayer: Monday, 8:30 AM and the Taylors' home
* Cornerstones Study: A study of the basic essentials of the Christian faith meeting once a month on a Tuesday evening at the Huggards' home
* Tara Estates Study: Meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at the Cooks' home in Tara Estates
* Men's Study/Prayer/Breakfast: Every Wednesday morning at 6:00 AM at Benedicts Restaurant
* Third Thursday Study/Prayer: A once-a month study/prayer group that explores deeper subjects of the Christian faith. This group meets at the Huggards' home
* Blessed Unions: A once a month study, meeting on the last Friday of the month at the Huggard's home for young couples studying issues of marriage and parenting
* Second Saturday Men's Breakfast/Study/Prayer: A once a month time of fellowship and study, meeting at the Huggards' home
* We minister regularly at a number of nursing homes in our community and we also prepare and serve a meal to needy folks once a month at the House of Hope in Berwick. ME. We also have an Easter sunrise service in our parking lot overlooking some beautiful fields and Christmas candlelight services on the Sunday evening before Christmas.
* Laymen's Sunday: June 25 - one service at 9:30 AM. Our elders will be leading and preaching - sermon: "Real Faith in Action" from Luke 5:12-26
* Communion - July 2 - one service at 9:30 AM. Sermon: "Losing Your Life to Really Live It" from Mark 8:34-38
We are an independent church that believes in the inerrancy of the Bible, salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, His virgin birth, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection and imminent return. We believe the church is comprised of all those who have genuinely placed their faith in Christ to forgive their sins and to give them new life in Him. We believe in a literal heaven and hell: heaven, the eternal abode of the followers of Jesus Christ; hell, the place of conscious eternal separation from God for those who choose to ignore or reject Christ. We believe the Christian life involves living under the guidance and empowering of the Holy Spirit, engaging in worship and fellowship, seeking to obey the principles of the Scriptures and telling lost people about Jesus Christ.
Page Seen: 16,580 times